Funding Your Education


Smith Chason understands that you might need a helping hand in your nursing ambitions. For that reason, financial aid is available to those who qualify. To receive federally funded financial aid and some other types of financial assistance, students must:

  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
  • Enroll as a regular student in an approved degree or certificate program
  • Be a U.S. Citizen, permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen
  • Have a valid Social Security number
  • Have a high school diploma or the recognized equivalent of a high school diploma
  • Be registered with the Selective Service, if required
  • Demonstrate financial need
  • Not be in default on any federal student loan program or, if in default, have made satisfactory repayment arrangements
  • Not be liable for an overpayment of a federal student grant
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress

For additional eligibility requirements and to determine how much you will qualify for, call or visit our financial aid office. One of our knowledgeable and helpful financial aid advisors will walk you through the process.


Monday – Thursday: 10:00a.m. to 7:00p.m.

Friday: 9:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.

Saturday: 9:00a.m. to 2:00p.m.

Smith Chason Financial Aid Representative at work on a computer


Smith Chason values and supports our service members both in and outside the classroom. If you are a member of the U.S. military, find out what benefits you may qualify for below.

The GI Bill® offers current and former service members educational benefits depending on what branch of the military they served in and for how long. Check out our VA Education Benefits for more information. The requirements for entitlement to GI Bill® educational benefits depend on your status. Read below to find out if you qualify.

Learn More About These Benefits:

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)


Military Tuition Assistance (TA) is a benefit paid to eligible members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard. Congress has given each branch of the armed forces the ability to pay up to 100% for the tuition expenses of its members. Each has its own criteria for eligibility, obligated service, application processes, and restrictions. This money is usually paid directly to the institution by the individual branch of service.

Active duty members may elect to use the MGIB “top-up” in addition to their service provided TA to cover high-cost courses. TA is not a loan; it should be viewed as money earned just like base pay.

Select Your Branch:


The Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program (VR&E), sometimes referred to as Chapter 31 or Vocational Rehab, helps veterans with service-connected disabilities and employment handicaps prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs. For veterans with service-connected disabilities so severe that they cannot immediately consider work, VR&E services help them live as independently as possible.

The following services may be provided by VR&E:

  • Comprehensive rehabilitation evaluation to determine abilities, skills, interests, and needs.
  • Vocational counseling and rehabilitation planning.
  • Employment services such as job-seeking skills, resume development, and other work readiness assistance.
  • Assistance finding and keeping a job, including the use of special employer incentives.
  • On the Job Training (OJT), apprenticeships, and non-paid work experiences.
  • Financial assistance for post-secondary training at a college, vocational, technical or business school.
  • Supportive rehabilitation services including case management, counseling, and referrals.
  • Independent living services.